Important Notes for Grant Applicants:
The deadline is 11:59 pm, February 1st
Once a grant application is submitted, the applicant is not allowed to make revisions of any kind.
All applications must have two electronic signatures at the bottom of the Executive Summary by an Executive Director, Financial Officer or Board Member.
All applicants must submit a Grant Application, including the following Required Documents in digital format:
1. Grant request should be for a new ministry initiative or for expanding an existing ministry.
2. Detailed operating budget for the current year.
3. Detailed grant request budget.
– Clearly stating how the grant monies will be used. Include a detailed list of items and services to be purchased and the actual cost for each item or service. The total amount must show how all of the grant amount requested from $50,000 to $100,000 will be used.
– The amount of the grant requested cannot exceed half of your current operating budget.
– Any use of grant money for advertising, marketing and salaries in total CAN NOT exceed 20% of the grant amount being requested.
– Grant request must NOT include ongoing operating expenses, rent, endowments, ongoing capital campaign funding or debt retimerment. If the grant money requested will not cover the project to completion, please indicate how the rest of the funds are ensured.
4. Comparative financial statements (audited if available) for the most recent two-year period. For example, if you are applying for a grant in the year 2020, we require comparative financial statements for the years 2018 and 2019. These statements must include a Balance Sheet (a statement of Assets and Liabilities) and an Income Statement or Profit and Loss Statement. Also provide interim financials for the current fiscal year comparing the year-to-date 2021 budget to 2021 year-to-date actual results.
5. Organization’s current 990 tax return. If current year is not available, please explain.
6. Affiliation with federal, public or private funding sources (be specific).
7. Copy of 501(c)(3) IRS letter approving your tax-exempt status.
8. Current list of Board of Directors, staff and their position titles.
9. (Optional) Additional information such as photos, videos or news items. Please limit to 1 video less than 5 minutes and 5 pictures.